Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Bonne Chance Collections Review

Hello my fellow internet bloggers!  I hope you're all enjoying the new year still.  Mine was perked up Bonne Chance Collections.  I've been following this company for quite some time now on Instagram.  Through out the time of following their Instagram, I fell in love with their cute and vintage inspired dresses.  When I purchased my dress they were having their super sale going on.  This sale meant that everything was under $33 and included free shipping.  If that isn't a bargain I don't know what is, which meant I couldn't pass up on this deal.
a bit by being able to wear my dress from

The dress I ended up purchasing was the "Bubblegum Princess Moonrise Kingdom Dress" in size small.  This cost me $32.90 with free shipping as stated above in the details of the sale.  Before purchasing the dress, I was nervous about the sizing as I have awkward proportions.  I asked a friend of mine, Samikittydream, what size dresses she purchased from the shop.  She said that she usually orders size small in their dresses.  The only complaints that were had that the shoulder area could be a bit tight for her.  With the medium dress that she has though, it is on the big side for her.  Due to this, I decided to get a small.

I placed my order on December 25, 2016 and received it on December 31, 2016.  This is excellent shipping time in my opinion plus the people who run the shop are super sweet.  When I received my package I was super excited.  The dress was in a white plastic mailer to protect it from any water that may try to get in.  Opening the package the dress was wrapped in tissue paper and tied with a ribbon.  There also was a hand written note included that was super sweet.  Unwrapping the package felt like unwrapping a present due to the excitement and the care that was put into wrapping the dress.

Once having the actual dress in my hands, it didn't feel like I thought it would.  I was expecting it to
feel like a stiff fabric.  Not an uncomfortable and itchy stiff fabric but not wicked soft if that makes any sense.  To my pleasant surprise the dress felt more like a comfy spandex like material.  I have sensory issues so I was incredibly happy when I felt that the fabric was incredibly comfortable.  Going along with the feel of the dress it is form fitting and loose in all the right places!  It isn't too tight around the underarm area or across the back of my shoulders.  There is an elastic within the waist part of the dress which allows it to stretch to your form.  The neck line also isn't tight at all to where you feel like your being chocked.  This was another thing that I was worried about since I can be picky about that as well.  Even with the peter pan collar, there is plenty of room between the neckline and the clothing itself.

If you wanna see the movement of the dress click here!
There are two layers of fabric with this dress.  The initial patterned fabric and then an off white fabric underneath to help the dress not be see through.  This helps planning out your outfit with the fact that you don't absolutely need your white or skin tone under garments.  Score for those who are lazy like me!  When I wore this dress for the first time I did pair it with some white leggings that looked lovely with them.  The coloring of the leggings didn't show through the skirt of the dress or make the parts of the dress over the leggings brighter than the rest of it.  Plus, for those who are wondering, the dress skirt lands close to my knees.  For reference I'm 5'3" so you can try to judge where the skirt hem will land on you if you're interested in getting a dress yourself!

This dress has a zipper in the back to easily get in and out of it.  The zipper is from the top of the neckline to a bit below the waist elastic.  Personally, I really enjoy that the zipper goes a bit past the waist elastic.  Due to this, it is easier for those with wider hips to get in and out of the dress.  I've had a couple dresses that weren't as stretchy with the zipper stopping above or right at the waist line.  When I'd get in and out of those dresses, it was similar to getting into your favorite pair of super skinny jeans.  With my Bonne Chance dress, this isn't an issue.

Overall, I'm in love with this dress.  It is the perfect combination of modern, vintage, and cute all in one!  If that makes any sense though, to me it does at least so that means there must be some where out there that understands.   The dress is incredibly comfortable and fits in the right places and lose in the others.  It isn't see through due to the double layer of fabric and is surprisingly warm without needing too many layers if you want to wear it in colder weather.  For those who struggle putting together an outfit (like me) it was incredibly easy.  This may because of the design I purchased but I can put together outfits of the other dresses that they have on their site.  I'll defiantly be purchasing more dresses.  I already plan on buying a red dress with white poka dots and a white peter pan color for my trip to Disney January 2018.

Please make sure you guys check out Bonne Chance Collections and their Instagram.  Seriously, the dresses are absolutely adorable, great customer service, and lovely shipping times.  Plus when they have sales they don't mess around!  If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.



Survive until next time my fellow internet bloggers!

-AsiaPearce

___________________________________________________________








___________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment